The City of London is surrounded by stories, one of the most beautiful in the world. One of the major London attractions is undoubtedly the story of Buckingham Palace. Queen Victoria was the first monarch to take up residence in Buckingham Palace. Today Buckingham Palace is the Queen’s official London residence and is used to entertain guests and for official occasions. The Queen’s House is also the stage of changing guards, one of the top attractions in London. The change of guard takes place every even or odd days. Depends on the month. In December you can go see the changing of guards on the odd days at 11.00 am. In January the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace takes place on the even days. Check the dates and times in this website http://www.changing-the-guard.com/dates-times.html
Surrounding this fantastic show there’s one of the most beautiful parks. Green Park is full of green, and in autumn gets one of the most wonderful colours what gives some magic to this fantastic show. Next to it you can find Hyde Park. Keep walking to Sussex Gardens where you can find several hotels in Paddington. Located next to Paddington Station you can find Hyde Park Hotels. Visit our website at www.westpointhotel.com and find out how great deals we have to offer you. Book through our website and get 35% off on your reservation.
From Hyde Park Hotels (Westpoint Hotel, Abbey Court Hotel, and Aspen Apartments) it’s only 15 minutes walking to Buckingham Palace. If you are interested in living the real story about Queen’s House, book with us and meet our Victorian building.
- Buckingham Palace ‘hired out’ for bank dinner (telegraph.co.uk)
- Keep Calm and Wander On (unviajeporlavida.wordpress.com)
- Autumn in West London (helloeveryoneiknowandlove.wordpress.com)
- To London… And Beyond! (lizzysadventuresinspain.wordpress.com)
- Changing of the Guard (emilyeverdell.wordpress.com)
- Iconic Sites of London (drifterschronicles.com)
- Buckingham Palace Damaged During UK St. Jude Storm (theepochtimes.com)
- Day One- Seeing London-checklist style (sbroady13.wordpress.com)
- Namatjira’s grandchildren meet Queen 60 years after painter’s Australian encounter (abc.net.au)
- Buckingham Palace (citizenoftheworldcra.wordpress.com)